Friday, August 7

Global Forex Trading Launches DealBook Web

The first forex trading platform I ever used was Global Forex Trading's DealBook FX software, which I liked for its many charting options and indicators and fast trading performance. But I always felt a little limited by the fact that it wasn't a web-based application, which meant I always had to access it from the same computer unless I went through the install process on every PC I planned to trade with. Despite all those nifty trading tools, I eventually ended up switching to an entirely web-based trading platform, and while I missed some of GFT's features, I felt the ability to do all my trading through a website was worth the switch.

So I was very pleased to see that GFT has finally gotten around to releasing a web-based trading platform, called DealBook Web. Though it did take them long enough, and in their introduction they explain why they waited to offer an online trading application: "You might be surprised that we waited so long to develop a web-based trading platform. But, the forex market moves fast, and we knew that web-based trading platforms couldn't keep up - until now." And it is true I've heard some horror stories about trading lags on web-based platforms at key moments of high volatility - won't name any names, but you've probably heard of them. It sounds like GFT had these breakdowns in mind when they put together DealBook Web, which I hope means it'll perform more robustly when the market's running wild.

Here are some of the trading tools and features of DealBook Web:

•All the trading features of DealBook 360 (GFT's current desktop platform) in a web environment
•Access from your computer or any computer
•Requires only an internet connection and browser
•Multiple, full-screen charting capabilities
•Track and trade 60+ currencies
And they list lots more on the DealBook Web site. So if you're scouting around for a new web-based broker and trading platform it's probably worth a look - though as with any trading tool I'd take it for a thorough road-test in demo mode before committing any real funds. If you try it out and have any opinions on its performance and functionality you'd like to share, please feel free to post them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts